Thursday 3 January 2008

Sex and infertility

This is our 21st month of TTC and I have to say it doesn’t do much for a girl’s sex life – we’re both absolutely sick of it.

Some of the tests we may have to take as things progress are going to make shagging even more of an effort. One involves us doing the deed and me hot-footing it down to the surgery to have some scaffolding erected up me and a sample – this is FOUL – of our mingled “juices” taken. The purpose of this is to see if my vagina is murdering hubby's sperm. He's Scottish and I'm English, so who knows, perhaps it resembles Culloden in there.

I keep hoping it won’t come to that and trying to take each day – or test – at a time and keep a sense of humour, but it’s difficult. I genuinely thought, when we started TTC in spring 2006, that I’d be knocked up by Christmas so it’s disappointing to have just gone through another Christmas and not to be. Everyone keeps saying "All in good time" - how rage-inducingly fatuous is that?!

We had a really bad patch about a year ago where hubby was getting so stressed about the whole thing he couldn't perform, but we seem to have got over that hitch and things are fine in that respect now - except, of course, for the fact that it isn't bloody working.

No comments: