Monday 25 February 2008

Talk about a double whammy

I was floored yesterday pm by an out-of-nowhere tummy bug which had me hugging the porcelain for most of the afternoon and evening. Not to provide too much information (that would be unlike me, wouldn't it?!) but it was the kind of bug where halfway through expelling satanic matter from one end, you get a nudge from the other end to announce its urgent need to be pointed at the toilet too.

Anyway, the Exorcist-like expulsion stopped late last night, but I was so muscle-sore and basically pissed off with the world afterwards that I barely slept. I was so knackered and poorly, in fact, that I didn't pay much attention to the grumbles in my womb or the fact I couldn't lie flat on my tummy in comfort because of spikily sore boobs.

Having finally fallen asleep at 6.20am, I knew when the alarm sounded at 7 that this wasn't going to be my day. A tentative trip to the bathroom confirmed it - there was no way I could go to work and actually be any use to anyone there. I made the decision, made the call and crept back to bed for some much-needed sleep.

I've just got up again as there's another call I need to make now it's gone 8am, and I've been to the toilet again. Guess what? I got my period.