Friday 4 April 2008

Are you kidding me?

A pregnant bloke?

A PREGNANT BLOKE????

I'm sorry, but are you HAVING A LAUGH?!

It's really a sad state of affairs when it's easier for a man to conceive than it is for me.

I got my period in the early hours of Wednesday morning. Saying that, what I mean is I got a smear of blood on Wednesday which I assumed was my period, so after a) crying so much my eyes puffed out and b) having a massive fight with hubby about the fact that I'm scared of the HSG, I got up for work and, on the way, rang the hospital to book in for the hideoussalpingogram itself.

The lady I spoke to was lovely, and I'm in next Friday at 11am. However, my period never actually started. Aside from the nocturnal smear of blood and a little bit of brown sludge over the past few days, I've not started bleeding properly.

What the fuck's it playing at? I'm booked in now, and if it doesn't start flowing tomorrow, it won't have finished in time for the HSG to happen.

It's one thing to have polycystic ovaries. It's one thing not to be able to conceive even after two years of trying harder than I've ever tried for anything.

It's quite another when your own body seems hell-bent on making life as difficult as possible.

How do you wage war against yourself?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello...So sorry you feel so shitty. I wish things would go better for you. Might I suggest one thing, though? One little thing...and I 100% could be wrong...But, is it possible that you're subconsciously causing your period to stay away? There are tons of documented cases of women who think about their periods SO SO much, that they just don't show up for a month. Most of these cases have to do with women who are due for their period on their wedding nights or something....Perhaps you just thought about the HSG and your period so much, that it caused it to just...stop.

As shitty as your situation is, I just got some shitty news too....Thought I'd share...
As of now, I've been ordered to stop TTC. I was recently diagnosed with an EXTREMELY SEVERE case of hypothyroidism. Like...off the charts, so bad there isn't much literature on cases like mine....bad bad case. Doctors have made me comprehend that, if I were to finally get pregnant now (even though, technically, with this level of hypothyroidism I should be infertile), my child's health would be SERIOUSLY compromised. With these levels of TSH in my system put me at massive risk for stillborns, miscarriage, or the birth of a child with severe impairments.
Ugh...this SUCKS!

Unknown said...

you are fed up with all the empty promises and expensive treatments, that haven't reduce the risk of misscarrages and other complications.after years of trying to conceive and a failed IVF and a failed FET And if you also suffer from ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, tubal obstruction, endometriosis or lazy ovaries or if your male partner has low sperm count or sperm motility disorders, then Dr Chale herbal medicine will help you treat most of these infertility related conditions while restoring your energy and vitality and giving you the healthy baby you've dreamed of for so long. course i have tried it and it worked out for now am pregnant with my baby with just two weeks of contacting him, after 4 years of us trying to conceive. Doctor with your herbs you have brought life into our marriage, am very grateful to you.contact him,chalesolution@yahoo.com